Colocasia (Arbi) gravy south Indian style
Colocasia (Arbi) gravy is very tasteful if prepaid properly. It got a lot of medicinal values as follows.
- Reduces risk of developing diabetes.
- Useful to reduces the risk of lung and oral cancer.
- Improves immune system.
- Useful for skin health.
- It improves blood circulation and prevents anemia.
- Reduce excess gas and helps to clean the digestive system.
- Helps to relieve stress and pressure on blood vessel and arteries.
- Boosts vision and reduce risk of macular degeneration or cataracts.
- ¼ kg Colocasia (Arbi)
- 2 Onions
- 2 Green Chilis
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili powder
- 20 gms Tamarind
- Two tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Three spoons of Oil
- 3 to 4 curry leafs
- ½ spoon mustard seed
- turmeric powder
- Boil the colocasia and remove the skin. Cut them into pieces if they are large in size.
2. Take the juice from tamarind and keep it ready, chop onions, tomatoes, and chilies.
3. Light the stove keep the vessel on it put 3 to 4 spoons of oil. After heating oil add mustard seeds and curry leafs. After that Add Chopped onions and fry it till it acquires brown color. Thereafter add chopped chilies and tomatoes. Cook it for 2 mins, then add boiled colocasia (Arbi). After that add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt. Mix it thoroughly.
4. Then Add some water so that all the items are boiled properly, It takes 5 to 8 minutes to cook. finally, add tamarind juice boil it for 3 minutes.