Satellite Launching Station in India (Andhra Pradesh)
One and only satellite launching station in India is ISRO. ISRO is located on the small island called Sriharikota. Space research works and conferences are started early 1960’s. the first live video transmission of 1964 Summer Olympics (Tokyo) across the Pacific by the American (NASA) Satellite ‘Syncom-3’ demonstrating the power of communication satellites. this organization is founded by Dr.Vikram Sarabhai, he is also called as father of the Indian space program. he quickly recognized the benefits of space technologies to India.
ISRO has most successfully rates in placing the satellites in right orbit. Nowadays this organization is well known for launching the rocket in low budget. MOM is one of the historical launches from ISRO, putting the satellite mars orbit in a single attempt in the year 2013.
Objectives of the ISRO
- Operational flights of Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV).
- Developmental flight of Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV- Mk II).
- Development of heavy lift Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV-Mk III).
- Design, Development, and Realization of Communication Satellites.
- Design, Development, and Realization of Earth Observation Satellites.
- Development of Navigation Satellite Systems.
- Development of satellites for Space Science and Planetary Exploration.
- Earth Observation Applications.
- Space-based systems for Societal Applications.
- Advanced Technologies and newer initiatives.
- Training, Capacity building, and Education.
- Promotion of Space technology.
- Infrastructure / Facility Development for space research.
- International Cooperation.
Latest Launch from ISRO 2017:
ISRO is going to launch PSLV – C37. this the first time in ISRO history they are going to launch 100+ satellites in a single vehicle.