Tuna Healthy Casseroles Recipe
A retro classic, several folks grew up consumption healthy casseroles. Baking them reception will assist you to fritter away leftovers, save money, eat healthier as a result of your management the ingredients, and supply an opportunity to experiment and tweak recipes to fit your state of affairs.
A casserole is a simple, dark dinner or weekday afternoon lunch. Learning to form them will be an honest place to begin adding new preparation skills to your repertoire (recipe follows). whereas you learn, you get to eat the delicious results.
- 2 eggs (optional)
- 1 tin (425 g) Tuna or other tinned or fresh (or 2 small tins) fish, drained
- 1 tin (440 g) soup (any flavour) or use packet
- soup mixed with hot water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or tinned peas, drained
- 6 slices bread
- 1 tbsp margarine
- ½ cup corn (optional)
- 3 mushrooms, sliced (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Boil eggs for 10-12 minutes approximately in water until hard boiled.
3. Put the eggs in cold water to cool and it is easy to take the shell off the eggs.
4. Place chopped tuna, soup, onion, peas, corn and mushrooms in a casserole dish (a shallow wide oven-proof dish).
5. Slice eggs and place on top of the dish.
6. Cut the bread into cubes (about 9 squares for each slice) sprinkle on the casserole.
7. Melt margarine in the microwave or in a pan and pour over the top.
8. Bake it for 30 minutes.
9. Serve with salad and bread, rice, kumara or potatoes.
This recipe can be used with cooked chicken or mince. you can add more other vegetables.